1. How long did it take you to write let the sun shine in…? I had the book in my mind for several years. Once I sat down to write, it came quickly. Within 3 months it was complete. I had much help with editing, two friends read it over and corrected me many times.
2. Do you plan on doing a sequel? I hope to make this a three book series.
3. How did you come up with the story and names? I related it to personal experiences in one way or another. I wanted an unusual name for the main character and I actually looked online.
4. Have you ever written other novels? I have written a children’s book called “Lonesome” about a lonely little boy and a wandering dog.
5. Do you plan on trying to publish another novel? My publishers asked me to submit Lonesome to them once this novel was complete so I’m thinking about it. One of my daughters likes Lonesome better than this one.
6. What parts of the novel parallel your life if any? Relationships with my grandchildren, the death of the father in the story with my niece being killed at 22 from a reckless teen driver.